Saturday, June 29, 2013

Love Never Gives Up: 5 Things Girls Must Do


I have felt blessed and excited lately with all the young women I see meeting the guys that they will probably marry. It seems like an explosion of activity!

When other’s see this, from the outside, it seems like ‘it”, a lasting relationship, “just happened” for these people.  Yet, God knows, and only they know, how much prayer and perseverance has gone into finding the ‘right’ person.

I have noticed several qualities in gals who have persevered:

1. They have put God first in their lives.

2. They have kept seeking Him, and praying for His will.

3. They have had a ‘yes face’ to opportunities.

4. They have continued to be ‘actively available’ even when they are getting weary.

5. They will go the ‘extra mile’ by engaging at church, online, and other opportunities to connect with Christian guys.

It is true that some gals have done all of these things, and have not seen results over a long period of time.  I would recommend to anyone who has this experience to get together in a group of gals who are also wanting a relationship, and pray for one another, and, if desired get extra support to be able to continue to persevere.

Sometimes there are ‘blind spots’ in our approach to life that gets in our way, and we need to face those, and get some healing, so we can  be ready for the kind of guy we really want.

Marriage is not a guarantee in life, nor is having children, but it is a worthy desire and a beautiful dream. Some people say to me, ‘but what if I actually try, and nothing happens.”  And, my response is, “Then you have tried for a good and beautiful thing, and you have nothing to be ashamed of if it doesn’t happen!”

Dave and I tried for quite a few years to have our own child, and ‘it’ never happened. I am very glad that we tried -- we did a good thing. I had to grieve the loss eventually when it became apparent that ‘it’ wasn’t going to happen, but I do not regret my desire or my grief.

According to the National Center for Family and Marriage Research, by age 35, 88% of women who have not had a child out of wedlock and 70% who have, will get married. If you are a born again Christian there is a 19% greater chance you will be married than an agnostic or atheist. Since there is not a real expiration date on when you can get into a relationship, I pray that if it’s your desire to be married, you will not give up!

Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits. 1 Cor. 12:7


No comments:

Post a Comment